It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club Account™
Our Junior Savers Club Account™ teaches children and young adults ages 18 and under the rewards of saving while making banking FUN! This account is interest bearing and may be opened with any initial deposit.
In addition to learning one of life's most valuable lessons, Junior Savers will receive:
- A personalized savings book
- Extra savings to be sure your account grows
- Junior Savers Accounts receive a higher rate of interest than do adults
- All regular account service charges are waived for Junior Savers
- A special Junior Savers Club Bank to inspire daily at-home saving
- Our exclusive "Treats Dollar" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous high balance by $25. Certificates may be redeemed at local participating merchants.
- And lots of other great goodies and fun activities for Junior Savers. You'll be sent frequent invites to fun Junior Savers Club events and contests.
Teaching kids how to save. It's all part of our commitment to bring traditional community banking back to the community.
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
Accounts that most of our customers like you choose
MasterCard Debit Card
Our MastercCard Debit Card provides the convenience of allowing you to draw from your account without the hassles of writing a check.
Simply use the card to pay for retail transactions wherever MastercCard is accepted. The card will automatically deduct the purchase from your checking account. And that transaction will be recorded on your monthly checking account statement. Now you can replace your current ATM card and checks with one easy-to-use card.
- Features & Benefits
- Direct access to your checking account wherever MastercCard is accepted—9 million merchants and 190 countries worldwide
- No check writing hassles
- No additional identification may be required
- No interest or finance charges apply
- No PIN number needed on signature based transactions
- Can be used instead of an ATM card at SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- After Hours Toll Free phone number to report your card lost or stolen. Just call 1-800-236-2442 after our normal business hours.
It's Easy To Apply For This Card
Come into any of our convenient bank locations and see one of our friendly Personal Bankers.
Total Access Checking
This account has free1 ATM transactions! The minimum to open is $100 with no minimum balance required. Benefits include:
- Free On-Line Banking & Bill Pay
- A line of credit for overdraft protection (subject to credit approval)
- No minimum balance fees
- Free first order of specialty checks
- An ATM/Debit Card with no annual fee
1 The bank does not charge its customers a monthly card usage fee. There’s no transaction charge at any ATM in the Money Pass or Sum surcharge - free networks. Other banks outside the network may impose ATM surcharges at their machines. Surcharge fees assessed by owners of other ATMs outside the network will be reimbursed. Reimbursement does not include the 1% International Service fee charged by MastercCard for certain foreign transactions conducted outside the continental United States.