Position Title: Senior Teller
Functional Title: (if appropriate): Senior Teller
Department/Division: Teller / Retail
Reports To: Teller Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Officer Status: Non-Officer
Date: May 20, 2015
Provides friendly, accurate, and efficient customer service. Processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits and loan payments. Maintains appropriate level of cash on hand. Prepares daily paperwork according to branch procedures. Responsible for managing and balancing cash drawer. Assists with the efficient running of the teller line by answering questions and assisting with supervisory duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all customers and co-workers.
- Set an example for others by promoting a positive image of the bank through a neat appearance and professional manner.
- Approve teller transactions above teller limits but within his/her limits.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and/or bank personnel.
- Accept commercial and consumer deposits, verify cash and endorsements, and process transactions in the computer.
- Identify customers vs. non-customers and follow the check cashing policies.
- Provide additional customer services including cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s cheques, savings bonds, license stickers, stamps, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily and follow teller difference policy.
- Assist with compliance of all department, bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating workflow.
- Assist with training new employees and answering co-workers questions.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and bank objectives and goals.
- Regularly open/close the bank.
- Travel between branches is required; some travel between banks may be necessary.
- Assist with supervisory duties when needed.
- Balance the vault.
- Balance the ATM.
- Assist with balancing items at cut-off time.
- Assist with scanning and balancing counter work throughout the day.
- Assist in auditing of teller drawers, negotiable instruments, and consignment items.
- Accept cash turnovers and issue currency to tellers from the vault.
- Represent bank at community events.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Pleasant demeanor.
- Mastery of Teller duties and responsibilities.
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 1-2 Years Teller Experience Required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift 20 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.